We all recently became very familiar with the POPI act in South Africa. Yet, the National Archives and Record Service Act has been around for years which also outlines how business should archive and track their client and employee records. An enterprise content management solutions is not only essential by law, but also empowers you to streamline your business operations through document management and information sharing.
A sufficient ECM system should offer you the ability to:
- Manage user access within various level of rights
- Allow for version control to prevent information to get lost
- Dynamically route documents with serial and parallel reminders
- Audit users’ functionality and trial
- Organise files in a user-definable structure
- Search and retrieve documents efficiently
- Store compound documents with annotations
Off the shelf EMC software may serve its purpose for a while, but often at some point in time, system customisations may be needed to make the investment worth while. The value of an ECM solution emerges only when it has been optimised to the industry, the business processes, and the technology infrastructure of the company it serves.
Our lives and businesses are becoming more and more dependant on technology, with all forms of paper documents becoming digital. If your business still don’t have any form of content management system, your business might be at risk, both at a legal and operational level.
We have various systems and solutions that are sustainably scalable and customisable to securely manage your organisation’s content.